What is a Dermatologist?
Our team of professionals and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well-being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics, which can be found on the side of each page. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- Nevus Outreach Foundation
- National Alopecia Areata Foundation
- National Vitiligo Foundation
- FIRST - Foundation for ichthyosis and related skin types
- National Eczema Association
- Hemangioma and Vascular Birthmark Foundation
- National Psoriasis Foundation
A dermatologist is a physician who specializes in the treatment of skin conditions and diseases. Dermatologists are certified by the American Board of Dermatology after extensive education and medical residency. They treat everything from minor skin rashes, like hives, to chronic skin diseases, such as eczema or psoriasis. Dermatologists are good diagnosticians and can distinguish between conditions that share similar symptoms. Today many dermatologists are also well versed in cosmetic dermatology procedures to help improve the appearance of skin as we age.